A regular exercise routine is very pivotal in a living a healthy lifestyle. A regular exercise routine should be made a health habit as there are numerous benefits that aid in one’s overall health. These benefits include:
- Feeling better and healthier as a regular exercise routine boosts energy production and even promotes better sleep.
- Exercise is a beneficial tool in control your weight.
- Combating health conditions and preventing diseases, such as heart disease, cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, and high cholesterol and blood pressure. Exercise also greatly improves one’s immune system.
- In older adults, high intensity resistance training and exercise, in contrast to traditional pharmacological and nutritional approaches for improving bone health, and has the added benefit of influencing multiple risk factors for osteoporosis including improved strength, balance, and increased muscle mass
- Improves mood as exercise stimulates important brain chemicals. When exercising, cortisol is released, which is an important component in influencing how one deals with stress. A regular exercise routine boosts levels of serotonin and dopamine. Low serotonin levels are scientifically linked with depression, and dopamine is linked to emotional response and one’s ability to deal with pressure. Overall, exercise is one of the most effective treatments of depression.
- Regular exercise drives mental simulation.
- A regular exercise routine improves body awareness and self-confidence (if done in the right place).
- Ultimately, exercise should be fun! Find an exercise routine that you enjoy, find a group of friends or a community to work up a sweat with, mix up your routine, make this time your time, and enjoy improving your health.